Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby Toes

  Is there anything sweeter than an infants digits? Fingers and toes are such a statement of God's wonder. These little ones come into this world with such itty bitty but perfectly formed little features.



  Caleb is a healthy growing little guy. Well, not so little....2 months old yesterday and he's gone from a start of 9.5 lbs to a current 15 lbs! Do you suppose those feet will ever approach his grandpa's (me) size 14? Will those hands ever reach the size of his great-grandpa or even great-great-grandpa?
  We have all 4 grandkids here today. Katie has surgery this afternoon to remove "the bag" and reattach her colon. We pray all goes well.



8 comments:

  1. That picture is precious. I'm so glad Caleb will have the opportunity of helping you in the garden and around the farm. Prayers for his mother's complete recovery! I know you all will have a special day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dewena. He is asleep just a few feet away form me right now.

      Delete
  2. Sweet piggy toes! I am always amazed at how perfect those little babies are formed. No one but God could do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. We lost a baby grandson at about 5-6 months gestation a few years ago, and he was so well formed already, too. How precious. It opens up a whole political and moral can-o-worms in this day in which we live, and so many refuse to believe that these are God's precious little babies from conception.

      Delete
  3. How sweet. That reminds me of when my youngest was a baby. Her name is Amy, but her big brother called her Amos. That evolved into Amos Moses, and our little rhyme for her..."Amos Moses, her toes smell like roses". I loved kissing those little baby toes :-)

    Wishing Katie a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      That is a sweet memory. Funny names can come from siblings trying to pronounce words and names. When I was about 2 and my youngest sister was born, when people would ask me "What does your Momma have in the hospital?", I replied " A little baby dewey" I guess that was my try at saying Mary.

      Delete
  4. That is such a sweet baby. I can almost smell his wonderful baby scent. Our babies are all grown up now and I miss it.

    I hope Katie goes through surgery well and has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Glenda. he is a sweet boy.

      Katie's surgery was yesterday and she is doing very well so far.

      Delete