Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Road and Dust

  The good news is.....we are getting a new pave job on our country road. The bad news is....all the dust in the meantime. They are widening the road from about 18' to about 21' so that entails building out the shoulders with gravel.....dusty gravel.



  The sweeper is what causes the most dust, and he does LOTS of sweeping! The mail box, fence and roses out front are white with rock dust. The car is a mess but we are waiting until they are finished before washing it. I was in the garden yesterday when the sweeper came by multiple times. I tried to be discreet about taking pictures...didn't want them to think I was going to complain or anything!


  I figured I might as well get something pretty in the foreground of this shot.Then I turned 180 degrees and took this one to show the dust floating eastward, coating everything as it went.

  They are laying the first lift of blacktop today, so I'll post pictures of the finished product soon. I went out this morning when they were out front marking the lines and such and asked if they could lay a little extra to widen our approach in the driveway. he said sure, show me what you want, and then he marked it with paint. Pretty nice!

  Caleb is 5 months old today. He is a healthy, whopping big boy! Just like his Daddy and Grand-daddy were (are) ! He's rolling over on his stomach now.

 " Man, this is work! Makes me tired! "

" Well don't just stand there taking pictures! Help me out here! "

2 comments:

  1. How nice of them, to lay a little extra black top at the end of your driveway! I'm sure the dust is a mess, but when it's finished it will be nice. Your grandson sure is a cutie...glad to see he's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very nice. They went by this morning laying the first coat; I talked to the foreman quite awhile. He is determined to get it done right...must have a crown of 2 inches in the center of the road!

      Delete