Saturday, January 18, 2014

Update on Ray

Hi, this is Ray, posting from Vanderbilt with Rita and Wendy's help.  Surgery was long, and more complicated than expected, but went well.  When they began surgery, they discovered pancreatitis as well as the tumor they were expecting.  The pancreatitis surrounded the tumor, and the surgeon removed the whole mass.  Frozen sections were sent to pathology which determined that is was cancer, but we are waiting on pathology results from other areas to determine the extent and stage.  It did not appear to have spread.  I'm doing very well in recovery so far.  I have very little pain.  I am just waiting for the stomach to wake up, which can take awhile after major surgery.  In about 5-6 weeks, I will have to have chemotherapy and maybe radiation.  This will last for 5-6 months.  I will update as soon as possible and answer emails when I return home. Love to all of you.  I appreciate your prayers and support.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear the surgery went well, and that you're recovery is off to a good start! Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to know you are in recovery. Our prayers and thoughts continue with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ray & Rita - Such hope-filled news!! He is ever faithful and loving. Continued prayers for healing mercies and complete recovery.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to read that surgery went well. Still praying for you and thinking often of you. God bless you both.
    With love,
    Dewena & R.H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ray,
    Appreciate the update. Know that God is watching over you!
    Rick

    ReplyDelete