Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Oh Happy Day! Home Again!



  Hello Family, Friends and Prayer warriors,

  This is a good day !!  I was released from Vanderbilt mid-day and got home about 2 PM. A huge thank you to Dan and Jeanene B. for the ride home! Thank you to all who visited, brought goodies, sent cards, and all the phone calls, texts and emails. Most of all, thank you for the prayers which sustained us.

  In short, the Whipple is one of the most complex surgeries out there, only a small percentage of pancreatic tumor patients even qualify for it, and God brought me through it in a record time recovery with very little pain. I am eternally grateful.

  God isn’t through yet! Pathology came back this morning and it is mostly cancer. less pancreatitis. I will begin a course of chemo/radiation/chemo in February for 5-6 months. Dr. Parekh says we will “hit it hard”. He isn’t one for much speculation or percentages, but he is the best, so we will trust God to lead him to the most effective treatment.

  It is wonderful beyond words to be home. It is very cold outside but toasty in here! I will be writing more in the days ahead, but that’s all for now.

  Again, thank you for the thousands of prayers and keep praying that treatment is effective.

  God Bless you all!

  Ray;

8 comments:

  1. That's good you could get out so quickly.

    Continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you're recuperating well and are home again! I'll keep you in my prayers for your treatments and for healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you, and wondering how you're doing. Good to hear that you're feeling good, and bouncing back so well! Continuing to pray for healing and rest for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray,
    Your release is great news!! May your recovery continue to progress wellk
    You will of course remain in my prayers.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! Prayers continuing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! There is simply no place like home(not sure of the author). Prayers continue. Keep us informed of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ray! I was reading up on your journey just now and had a quick question. I was hoping that you could email me back when you have a moment. I really appreciate it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is soooo good ~ Continued prayers guaranteed.
    Enjoy home and recovery.
    Blessings ~
    Mary & Rob

    ReplyDelete