Saturday, December 7, 2013

Medical Update Saturday

Hello family and friends,
 
A quick update this evening. Some of you may have already received some news via text or email from Rita, but I will send this to all. So many thousands of people are praying for me; I feel so blessed.
 
I had experienced no symptoms of any heart problems, but the Vanderbilt doctor doing my pancreas surgery requested clearance from a cardiologist before proceeding, as the surgery is 5 hours and stressful. After a heart CT and an angiogram, it was determined that I had a 90% blockage in the LAD artery, the “widow maker”. That was Thursday afternoon. I stayed overnight in St Thomas Rutherford in Murfreesboro and was transported by ambulance Friday to Vanderbilt in Nashville. God again had prepared the way; the excellent surgeon Dr. Joseph Salloum was waiting and I was taken in directly for a stent implantation. With today’s amazing technology, the procedure took 40 minutes, they accessed the heart through a wrist artery, I was awake the entire time and had zero discomfort. I stayed the night and came home today. I am tired and still itching from the jaundice, but am so happy to be home. I just praise our great God for His unfailing love, mercy and grace. Looking back, I can see so many things that at the time seemed bad but He has turned for good. I trust Him completely for the coming procedures.
 
Since I must take Plavix blood thinner for 30 days, the pancreas surgery scheduled for Dec. 18 will be pushed forward. Please pray for peace during that time, and that the tumor will not spread.
 
Thank you all so much for your prayers and concern,
 
Ray
 

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life."   Psalm 143:8 NIV

8 comments:

  1. Dear Ray and family,
    I am happy you are at home---sending thoughts and prayers to you and yours!
    Carol.( Morrison,TN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, neighbor and blogging friend!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're doing well after surgery! Today's technology is indeed amazing, and so glad God provided a good surgeon for you to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jan. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you gave us this update, Ray. And very glad that this procedure was quick and you tolerated it so well. My husband and I are both praying for you and will keep you in our prayers and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dewena. That means so much to me.

      Delete
  5. I followed a link over from Dewena. That's amazing about what they did for your heart. I hope you are mending. I wish and pray for you a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete