Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Latest Update


  I'll try to keep this brief today, but I want to keep all my blog readers up to date on what's going on.
  Since my last post a week ago, much has happened. In brief, after 2 more episodes of passing out, 2 more ambulance rides to the ER, a 2 night stay and a procedure, things are advancing. The jaundice and itching is worse than ever, so my beloved cardiologist, Dr. Jackson conferred with Dr. Parikh at Vanderbilt; they agreed this itching & jaundice must be controlled before my Whipple surgery for the mass in my pancreas. They enlisted Dr. Shondra who Friday performed an endoscopic procedure to put a stent in my biliary duct. It was successful and I only had a moderate sore throat for a day or two.(They stick a tube down your esophagus and through the stomach!!)
  However, today is day 4 and the itching is still at max level. Dr. Shondra said yesterday that it will subside, but a little longer yet. Please pray for relief because the itching is a huge issue right now, and no medications touch it.
  Other good news is that the Jan. 28 confer date with the Vanderbilt surgeon has been scrapped and they think they can do the surgery in about 3 weeks That is an answer to prayer.
  I continue to thank the hundreds and thousands of people praying for me. It is simply amazing...a God thing. I am trying to keep a timely spiritual journal of what God is doing and share it after the surgery.
  Rita cared for the chickens today, Steve is coming any minute to feed 2 more round bales to the cows, neighbor Grey, the vet, stopped to talk with Rita at the mailbox last evening and offered concern and support, wonderful church family and friends have stopped by or called or visited the hospital to offer support and pray with us. Family, friends and bloggers have called, emailed messaged in various ways and I love and appreciate all of it.
  I want to conclude with the words from Rita's favorite card that she sends to friends in need...

I Know That Spot.
The one in life where
you find yourself wondering
if God is still watching,
still listening, still caring.

God is always faithful-
I know that for sure.
And maybe the only reason 
we can't see Him sometimes
is because He's holding us
right up close.

  He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you can hide. His truth will be your shield and protection. Psalm 91:4 NCV


9 comments:

  1. If you haven't tried it I might suggest acupuncture along with your other treatments. I've had really great success with chronic, painful conditions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse from Psalms! There's also a hymn that you may or may not be familiar with...Under His Wings...it's a beautiful one! I will be thinking of you and praying for relief from the horrible itching!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear neighbors,
    Prayers continue from Morrison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you and will definitely pray for you. I had a jaundice/liver problem. endoscopy and stent. The itching was TERRIBLE!!!!! Nothing would touch it. The ONLY thing that gave even temporary relief was an anti-itch cream that contained Pramoxine Hydrochloride 1% it also had menthol 1%. It was available in "Gold Bond" or generic store brands. I used a full tube each application.
    I could NOT lay down and tried numerous creams etc. With this I could at least get some short term relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers and suggestion.

      Delete