Friday, February 1, 2013

Snow Day !!

  No school today....finally, a long anticipated snow day.  The grand-kids and daughter/teacher Wendy are happy.  They have all been yearning for a snow day all winter.  And it is on a Friday to boot....3 day weekend!


  Only an inch or so but it was icy and the roads had some ice. It is now 3 PM and it's almost all melted.  There is a chance of a repeat Saturday night, I hear.
  I put another round bale out for the cattle earlier today.  I am still forcing some cleanup duty from them.  I am not too happy with the 2 bales I got at Eagleville.  So far the farm at Christiana has the best hay, but I still have 1 or 2 growers I might "audition" before settling on next years supplier.
  Alica over at happilymarriedtothecows.blogspot.com has a post by her father-in-law about dairying in the 1950's.  It has inspired me to reminisce about my days growing up on a dairy farm in the 50's and 60's.  I'll be posting soon with some good memories.


2 comments:

  1. I'm anxious to read your stories...it's sure changed a lot, hasn't it?!
    Glad your daughter and grand kids enjoyed their day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to hear about growing up on a dairy farm. I love the old stories. We only got a dusting of snow here and roads were fine. I had to run errands and the traffic was so light.

    ReplyDelete