Monday, February 25, 2013

Chicks at 2 Weeks

  I moved the peepers from the water tank in the garage out to the enclosed area of the new chicken coop today.  They have grown and were stinkin' the garage up! And I needed to suspend the feeder and waterer as they really muck it up fast when it is sitting at ground level.
  The chicks are in the upper portion of the new coop I built last Fall.  You can see the nest boxes on the left.  I took cardboard and blocked off the opening to the ramp that goes down to the enclosed pen.
  There is a door on the right hand side that folds down so I can clean out the floor space. This door on the back accesses the nests. Looking forward to some good farm fresh brown eggs by the 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice coop. Those chicks have hit the jack pot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alica! We were over at our daughters' Sunday and I checked out my Barred Rocks I took over there last Fall. They are roamin' free and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray, that qualifies as a "Martha Stewart" coop if I ever saw one!
    It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed building it. Was able to use quite a lot of lumber from the surplus rack just around the corner of the shed. Just had to buy a roll of 5' chicken wire and a little lumber plus a gallon of paint.

      Delete