Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What's this? 86 degrees?

  Really warm today. 86 on my thermometer, and the low was 65. At 8 AM this morning, we were 67 and my kin in eastern Colorado were 10! This afternoon we were 86 and they were 24! That storm is coming here tomorrow. We won't be nearly that cold but the possibility exists for severe weather alerts.

The Candytuft and Phlox are liking this weather.

And the Forsythia is finally at full bloom, with the Red Bud tree opening up.

  With 1.5 " of rain expected tomorrow in a short period of time, the creek will probably overflow onto the pasture for a few hours. So I wanted to get down there today and clean out the winter debris that messed up my fences in the creek. The cows will get out when I turn them in there if I don't clean it out and re-attach the fence. Here is what it looked like before I cleaned it out.



  I took an "after" picture, but it didn't turn out. I need to take the chain saw down there and do a little more cleanup, then have a nice bonfire. 
  The grass is growing but it sure isn't normal for April 10. I guess that is the case in much of the country. I know some of you had a freeze yesterday and lost some things. My condolences.. that is tough to take.

4 comments:

  1. Look at your flowers blooming! It shouldn't be too long here, with the temps we've been having. Straight from winter to summer here, too. This week we've been in the low 80's as compared to below freezing last week! Crazy, huh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a crazy year! Things really jumped today.

      Delete
  2. Can you believe today? I refuse to turn the AC on this early but it got awfully warm inside. Your garden is blooming beautifully! Redbud is a favorite of mine and thankfully the ridges we drive here are full of it. Oh, do we need to clean out our creek too! I try to tell myself all the fallen branches give the birds a place to perch. Let's pray that the storms tomorrow pass through without much damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, April can be a bad month for storms. That was all new to us when we moved here 8 years ago.

      Delete