Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Grandsons and other things

  Now here are two mighty sweet pictures.



  Jackson says, "I could hold him forever."
  Katie is still in the hospital, 7 days now. She is still fighting complications, but is improved and we pray she can get home in a day or two. Dave has been with her 24 hrs/day and Wendy is off on Spring Break from teaching this week and she has also been there most of the time. Baby Caleb is just fine and, as you can tell, exceptionally sweet!

  We are expecting rain tonight and tomorrow and then begin a streak of days in the 70's with warmer nights, so things should really start to grow. I weeded, fertilized and mulched 2 strawberry beds today.

  Last week I mulched a garden bed that is in flowers, bulbs and self seeding zinnias. I saw a kildeer nest so just mulched around it. Here is a picture today of the bird protecting the nest as I worked nearby.

  Saw this today...the first asparagus spear venturing forth. Hopefully, we will have lots of it soon.

  The grass is just starting to grow pretty well so I bought hay yet again. I got 8 huge bales 6x5 from a neighbor 3 miles away. Really good soft hay; he delivered them on a hay wagon behind his big John Deere and unloaded and placed them on pallets for me.  $50 each, but given their weight and quality, a better buy than smaller junkier bales for $30.

I tarped it as best I could, given the size.

Hopefully, Saturday will be the beginning of some serious gardening!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! What a loving big brother. I hope Mama is soon better, too.

    ReplyDelete