Friday, April 11, 2014

Birthday Boy



  We celebrated Caleb's first birthday last Sunday. He was 1 on March 28, but we had to wait until the whole family was cleared up of the snuffles, colds, etc. as my blood counts are low and I am supposed to avoid such things.


Good chocolate cake!


Brothers

  We have the boys again this afternoon as Katie needed to be at a business function with Dave.

  The weather is having a hard time deciding that Spring is here. Some beautiful days at 75-80 but next Tuesday is forecast at 52-32! What!
   I am trying to do as much as I can outside every day the weather allows, but my stamina is severely limited. I started the second month of chemo Wednesday. Side effects are really fairly minimal, but for stamina, hair loss and numbness of feet. 
  We continue to sell some unneeded things on Craig's List. Sold a lawn plug aerator yesterday for $120, then got a small load of topsoil delivered this morning for $100. We found some really nice 3 ft. blueberry bushes for $12.95 at Kroger, of all places, so we are replacing some that didn't make it. Also lost a lot of strawberry plants this winter.
  I am anxious to plant more garden, but my common sense tells me to be patient.
  I got a shot Wednesday that is supposed to help my body build more blood cells. I guess it is one of the PED drugs Lance Armstrong is accused of taking. Cost $3000! Thank goodness for insurance.




6 comments:

  1. Sorry to be tardy in catching up..... my Robert now at Vanderbilt with an infection and
    all beloveds at our Church praying him through. Caleb must be the apple of your
    eye....he is a charmer. I marvel at your determination, Ray & Rita, for your gardens
    look wonderful and will be thriving through to Summer's end, to be sure. You both continue in my prayers, as well as your West Coast Friend with the reoccurrence.
    Please pace yourself and abide in Him, for his healing touch moves slowly, but with
    certitude and tenderness. Blessings ~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you are such an angel! We have been praying for Robert; please keep us informed as to his progress. God bless you richly!

      Delete
  2. Your grand sons are growing up! I'd love to have some of that chocolate cake...yummm! Take care of yourself! I'm sure it's tempting to over do it, with the beautiful spring weather. On a side note...if you message me your email (my email is on my blogger profile) I will send you the digital file for the chicken picture, and you can print one off for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just told my wife at breakfast this morning that I love your blog because it takes me back to the farm life I dreamed of as a young man. You are a sweetheart!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ray and Rita,
    I do so enjoy reading your blog. The garden is looking great. So happy for you that you are able to get out there and enjoy this slow coming spring. Also so very thankful that with God's help the chemo is doing its job. The pictures of Caleb's birthday are precious. Sure looks like the Tanners.
    Glad you are feeling well again and can post some on your blog.
    Hugs and prayers.
    Donna and Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna,
      It's always so good to hear from you! We are hangin' in there!

      Delete